Monday, November 1, 2010

Getting Ready for the Holidays

Hi all. I hope you had a wonderful "All Hallow's Eve" this weekend. We had about a hundred kids. More this year than any other as I remember. Of course, our neighborhood is really growing with young families. Just a couple years ago there were only about 6 kids to ride the elementary school bus that stops right outside my corner lot. Now there are 17!


Dana and Dante thought the kids were just coming to see them. They didn't realize I was putting candy in their bags...lol. But they behaved themselves very well. They just want to be the center of attention. Almost all of the kids called Dante "Marmaduke," as I'm sure they were able to relate to the movie. Some of the kids were quite apprehensive when  I opened the door because they saw two dogs twice as big as them.

Here are a couple of Halloween cards I made for my grandchildren this year.


This sweet little Flying Witch Tilda card I sent to my 17 month old granddaughter Allie.

And this one went to my granddaughter Bel (Isabel, 5 years old) and her cute little brother Carter (22 months). They are all adorable but I'm partial because I'm their grandma. I can't wait to see pictures of their Halloween costumes. They all live in Omaha, Nebraska and Grandpa and I are in Colorado.


I've been really busy this weekend with creating gift tags for my Christmas gifts this year. These are some that I made with a little inspiration from Scrapbooks etc. magazine (my very favorite) and my Hero Arts stamps. There are so many ideas in the magazine this last issue and the website is fabulous too. I used stamps, die cuts, Copic Spicas, Stickles, embossing powders and went crazy with my "Joys of the Season" Cricut cartridge.

I submitted a fun card in the next CMC Copic Challenge yesterday. The challenge theme is "FALL" and I'll post that next weekend.  

Catch up to you then... 

Cathy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Wow Mom! You are so talented! Your cards have always been amazing but you've really stepped up your game the past year! Keep it up; we all love to get your cards:-)"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...